Our client is seeking candidates with an interest in IT operations and support to become an associate systems engineer. The client is willing to train as long as the candidate has some IT experience, an aptitude and eagerness to learn.
- Systems administration and troubleshooting activities
- Monitor IT infrastructure, proactively identify and resolve problems
- Installation and configuration of physical IT hardware
- Network installation, configuration and management
- Patching and security updates
- Additional responsibilities as required by the client
- Prior hands on technical support experience (tech support, computer lab management, go to person for family / friends etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft windows and Linux operating systems
- Willingness to quickly learn new skills and apply them to meet customer demands
- Talent for staying focused toward an end goal despite distractions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Trustworthiness on an epic scale
- Reliable transportation
- Prior experience or demonstrable knowledge of windows troubleshooting and basic operation
- Associate’s degree or higher (or currently enrolled in a relevant degree program)
- IT certifications or relevant coursework a definite plus (Microsoft, Comptia, A+, Cisco, or similar)
At this time, The client is unable to sponsor applicants for employment authorization for this position.
ApprenTek is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.