Our client is seeking a local candidate for a part-time tech support role. The position offers a flexible schedule with some opportunity for remote work. The position could be a co-op role for students, or a part-time role for a recent graduate or entry level candidate looking to grow skills and experience in information technology.
This position is an “apprentice” position and will be paired with a mentor for training, coaching, and escalation of issues beyond the candidate’s abilities to resolve for the client.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with MS Office and other software packages
- Install operating systems on laptops and workstations
- Ensure systems are patched and updated
- Monitor network health and performance
- Administer IT infrastructure including Exchange, Active Directory, and SIP based telecommunications.
- Perform system back-ups
- Monitor network firewalls
- Identify and respond to security incidents
- Additional responsibilities as required by the client
- Prior hands on technical support experience (tech support, computer lab management, etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft windows
- Willingness to quickly learn new skills and apply them to meet customer demands
- Talent for staying focused toward an end goal despite distractions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Trustworthiness on an epic scale
- Reliable transportation to / from customer site (mass transit ok)
- Ability to consistently carve out at least 10 hours / week Monday – Friday between 9am and 5pm for on-site customer support.
- Prior experience or demonstrable knowledge of windows troubleshooting and basic operation
- Associate’s degree or higher (or currently enrolled in a relevant degree program)
- IT certifications or relevant coursework a definite plus (Microsoft, Comptia, A+, Cisco, or similar)
- Sonicwall or other firewall experience a definite plus
At this time, The client will not sponsor applicants for employment authorization for this position.
ApprenTek is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.