Our client is seeking multiple candidates with extensive cyber security expertise to lead the design and implementation of an in-house security function. Position is remote, but will require significant on-site time with the client in Richmond, VA (est. 25% of the engagement).
- Perform gap analysis of existing security capabilities
- Develop and document security processes and procedures
- Recommend products and services to fill identified gaps
- Lead vendor product selection (RFI, Proof of Concept, and RFP) proceses
- Implement world class cyber security tools and services
- Train client personnel in security operations
- Develop key process indicator metrics to measure effectiveness
- 5+ years of cyber security experience
- Past experience analyzing, executing, and improving the Cyber Kill Chain in distributed client environments.
- Expertise with one or more multi-function security tools such as McAfee, Symantec, Tanium, FireEye, CrowdStrike, etc.
- 2+ years in security operations, incident response or similar environments
- Must be able to work independently but also serve as part of a larger team
- Mastery of MS Office tools (word, excel, powerpoint) to produce high quality artifacts for client consumption
- Strong communicator, able to tailor complex technical messages for non-technical audiences
- Excellent time managemet skills (i.e. manage to a deadline)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline
- Security certification (CISSP, Security+, or Similar)
- Prior consulting experience a plus
At this time, The client will not sponsor applicants for employment authorization for this position.
ApprenTek is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
|Job Category||Cyber Security|